|Title:||Nurse Practitioner - Immediate Opening (Contract - 6+ Months)|
|Compensation:||$45.00 - $55.00 per hour.|
The Nurse Practitioner in the Managed Care Finance department demonstrates strong clinical knowledge and understanding of documentation/coding to improve overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation in the patient medical record on a concurrent and potentially a prospective and retrospective basis, using a multi-disciplinary team process. This position works collaboratively with the Managed Care Finance Team, clinical physicians, and other healthcare professionals, i.e.- coding staff to ensure that clinical information in the medical record is present and accurate to appropriate utilization, clinical severity, outcomes, and quality.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for reviewing a minimum of 4 charts an hour. Chart review process will have a clear outline with guiding data to enhance performance. Findings are added to the Epic Problem List. Questionable findings are submitted to the Primary Care Provider or other physician leadership for review.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / SKILL SETS:
· Board certified Nurse Practitioner’s License required. Two years of clinical experience required; Primary Care experience preferred.
· Ability to review clinical documentation, laboratory, and radiology reports.
· Effectively make decisions based on documentation to make appropriate diagnostic clinical assessment.
· Ability to effectively communicate to physicians and staff appropriateness of clinical assessment based on documented patient status, disease states treated during the hospital stay, procedures performed, lab and radiology values.
· Experience with Electronic Healthcare Records, preferably with Epic and Allscripts.
· Basic knowledge of Excel.
· HCC knowledge is highly preferred.