|Location:||Fair Lawn, NJ|
Immediate need for a Chemist
Duration: 16+ Months
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
- Test reagent chemicals in accordance with ACS, USP/NF, EP/BP, JP, FCC and other outlined company procedures, including analysis by GC, HPLC and other instrumental methods.
- Test samples using wet chemistry technique and document according to GDP standards.
- Test samples in accordance with established procedures and using all instrumentation required in the procedures, including AA, LC, GC-FID, GC-ECD, GC-MS, IR, ICAP, UV-VIS, Melting point apparatus, Karl Fisher.
- Test samples using wet chemistry technique.
- Segregate, label and dispose of waste chemicals in accordance with company, local, state and federal regulations and assist in reducing waste.
- Maintain Efficiency, productivity and Integrity with analytical data to meet required standards.
- Assist in continuously updating standard operating procedures.
- Review test data prior to releasing in our system according to procedure.
- Prepare reagents and standard solutions and standardize according to requirements.
- Perform elementary method analysis and development for troubleshooting purposes.
- Make recommendations to technical support on analytical methods.
- Repair, maintain and calibrate laboratory instruments.
- Assist with resolution of Investigations, customer complaints and reviewing batch records.
- Knowledge and experience of Lean Six Sigma Process and support continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years of laboratory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven problem-solving skills.