|Compensation:||$ 26.00 per hour|
Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Madison, WI
Type: temporary contract role, 4-6 months
Pay Rate: $ 26.00 per hour rate
- We are looking for a Staff Accountant that will initially be assigned to the JD Edwards implementation team. This will start in late October and go for 4-6 months.
- This individual will need to commit to 50 hours per week during this time - probably five - 10 hour days.
- After the implementation is complete, this individual will be one of the experts on the system and will be involved in training to some degree.
- From that point forward, the hours commitment will be less as the only real crunch or deadline period will be the last couple of days each month and the first 5 days after month end.
- So besides having the requisite skills, we are really looking for someone that will commit to the JD Edwards team right out of the gate.
Responsibilities will include maintaining accurate financial records and reporting per GAAP/SOP and support to the finance team in the areas of cash accounting, accounts payable, forecasting, project cost accounting, inventory costing & analysis, internal audit support and other ad-hoc analysis/support.
- Prepares appropriate journal entries that ensure an accurate and timely close process per Corporate timelines & procedures
- Ensures that HFM is accurate and loaded per timelines
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Tracks project costs & record to appropriate P&L accounts
Financial /Business Support:
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial forecast for the sites
- Provides financial support to Supply Chain management for Inventory reporting and Project Management in tracking & projecting cost for projects
- Assists in preparation of Annual Budget for Madison & Emeryville sites
- Effectively interact with all levels of management, including executive staff
- Monitors and ensures compliance with Capital Authorization Policy & US GAAP
- Conducts Fixed Asset physical inventory per policy
- Forecasts depreciation expense
- Ensures construction in progress account (CIP) is correct and tests assets for impairment
Systems, Policies & Procedures:
- Participates in annual review of internal controls and maintenance of proper internal control system
- Drives the transition of Accounts Payable to a Shared Services model
- Key participant in the transition of legacy ERP & Financial Systems to the new Corporate Systems Suite
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 2-5 years' experience, preferably in Biologics manufacturing or R&D operations
- Strong mathematical, accounting, finance, and analytical skills
- JDE experience required.
- Hyperion, and Business Objects experience a plus
- Sound knowledge and application of US GAAP and Revenue Recognition rules
- Ability to attend training and apply learning on work processes, regulatory guidelines, etc.
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and other office systems.
- Ability to review data to ensure data is well organized with complete documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow/retain detailed written and verbal instruction in an accurate, timely, safe, and professional manner with supervisor, group members, and other departments as necessary, in a professional and accurate manner.
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame and independently seek out additional work when tasks are completed ahead of time.
- Detail oriented with ability to work effectively under high pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.