|Title:||Product Safety Scientist I|
|Location:||Neenah, WI 54956|
This position will be contacting raw material suppliers to obtain raw material information (chemical composition of materials). They will be reviewing accuracy of materials and sub supplier components.
Data entry into SAP and work within ETQ and SAP systems. Candidates will need a background in Chemistry and need to understand chemistry jargon and understand chemical compounds. **Local candidates only. **
We have an open position for a Product Safety Scientist I in the Product Safety Department. This position will be based in Neenah, WI. The incumbent is responsible for the acquisition, database management and reporting of raw material chemical safety information, material supplier technical data, and other product safety, stewardship and regulatory chemical compliance information to support Product Safety teams and other compliance functions, such as Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, Occupational Safety and Hygiene, Sustainability and Legal.
Additional key responsibilities include supporting safety and compliance assessments of ingredients and raw materials, entering hazard and exposure information into risk assessment documents, and interaction with staff toxicologists to support various multi-functional teams and product categories to gather information and develop product safety assessments.
Other responsibilities include supporting our Business Sector teams as well as external consumer or customer requests for chemical safety and/or regulatory chemical management information.
1. Work alongside Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs team members to provide technical expertise, chemical safety and/or regulatory chemical management information on Company products (commercial and in development) and their raw materials and ingredients.
2. Engage suppliers and/or test laboratories in order to obtain material disclosures, required information and/or additional test data for safety evaluation, regulatory registration or notification programs such as European or Korean REACH, EU RoHS, US TSCA, China New Chemical Substances regulation, etc.
3. Provide data entry services and maintain product safety, regulatory, toxicology and chemical compliance databases on substances, raw materials and products within the Company portfolio. Create output reports as required, including safety and regulatory assessment reports, SDS, core dossier, etc. for company products, materials and ingredients.
4. Provide support for system development and initiate continuous improvement activities for Product Safety and Regulatory databases and workflows, developing and implementing tools, procedures and systems that will ensure business products and services meet expectations. Participate in design and testing for major systems projects and perform system validation testing as required. Provide user support, training, and education as needed.
5. Provides product safety support for the technical evaluation and the safety hazard assessment of ingredients and raw materials. Collaboratively identifies and solves technical, chemical-of-concern, and/or regulatory toxicology compliance problems that may impact our products, brand equity or reputation globally.
6. Evaluate, appropriately process and respond to incoming internal requests for technical, chemical compliance, product safety support assistance or external customer inquirers. Identify, and escalate as appropriate, potential problems or issues, technical or chemical compliance issues or material changes that may impact our products or business sectors globally.
7. Effectively work within Corporate systems and processes, support and strengthen strategic internal customer and external material supplier relationships, and prioritize work - all while making cost effective decisions. The incumbent is responsible for managing key contact relationships with strategic material suppliers such that Company is viewed as a valued and indispensable partner.
8. The incumbent is expected to apply specialized scientific knowledge, be self-motivated, and be able to work independently on assigned projects. The incumbent is expected to maintain and enhance their knowledge of raw materials and products, Product Safety and Regulatory systems and process