Immediate need for a Manufacturing Technician
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Austin, TX
- Follows Production Floor SOPs.
- Understands workflow and technologies used in the production environment.
- Operate production floor equipment including troubleshooting mechanical issues under the direction of a Production Operator III or Lead.
- Prints all required documents from SAP and AGILE to complete the daily work as indicated in the production schedule.
- Reads and understands work orders to successfully set up material on line, and verify and count the amounts required as per work order.
- Inspects material, products and containers at each set up of production process.
- Inserts or pours product into containers or fills from pipette or pump.
- Participates in final kit assembly.
- Obtains and sort product.
- Wraps protective material around product.
- Weighs containers and adjusts quantity.
- Closes and seals containers.
- Labels containers, container tags, or products.
- Packs special arrangements or selections of product.
- Inspects material, products and container configurations each set up of packaging process.
- Completes Production Floor paperwork, including SOPs as required by the Quality System. Records information such as weight, time and date packaged.
- Makes necessary entries in the SAP System related to material use.
- Line Clearance – responsible to reconciliation and disposal of materials related to the job.
- Assist other operators and Production Lead in the training of Manufacturing Technician I.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, machines, glassware or equipment as needed or directed, if required in work area.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively with work groups to ensure completion of tasks and projects.
- Works with all other employees as a team to solve Production Floor scheduling, equipment, and logistic issues.
- Responsible for following ISO/cGMP Quality System Regulations with focus on SOP completion accuracy, product quality, and housekeeping activities.
- Performs other assigned duties.
- High School Diploma
- 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to read and interpret as related to documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk, hear and smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distant vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. (Ability to pay very close attention to detail.).