Immediate need for a Scientist I
Duration: 12 Months +
Location: Eugene, OR
- Perform organic chemistry syntheses in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand the written production documents and be technically capable of performing processes and procedures to maintain inventory of those products.
- Possess scientific understanding of team products and their applications, sufficient to complete the work, and suggest potential improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Produce and conduct analysis of reagents, components, and finished products in accordance with the manufacturing plan.
- Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials, WIP, and finished product; use advanced ERP functions.
- Analyze and interpret scientific data. Utilize specialized technical knowledge or skills necessary.
- Maintain communication with representatives from other departments and teams as required, including coordinating with other teams internal and external to operations to share resources; work across various functions as required.
- Actively participate in team activities (conflict resolution, team building, scheduling).
- Recognize manufacturing problems, identify variables, perform appropriate experiments, and recommend necessary corrections to manufacturing processes.
- Keep a clear, complete and accurate account of all manufacturing and product development work through the appropriate use of Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports, work order documents, and other appropriate documentation.
- Critically evaluate, revise, or create process documents; ensure that efficient, reproducible, quality manufacturing processes and documents are developed for new and existing products.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards in process documents.
- Continually strive to improve product quality through establishment of more effective or efficient manufacturing processes and quality testing.
- Effectively communicate the importance of total quality to the members of the team.
- Work to achieve department goals and business objectives with respect to quality, on-time completion of work, and safety.
- Seek additional training or education for career development (i.e.: attend journal clubs, meetings, and seminars).
- Submit data or articles for publication as required.
- As part of an investigative team, initiate and implement appropriate experiments to address failure of product or processes to yield expected results.
- Work with team members and planning/purchasing teams to develop and execute a manufacturing schedule consistent with master schedule requirements for team products; coordinate team resources to ensure the most efficient use of time and materials.
- Identify and interpret the scientific basis of each manufacturing process in use by the team.
- Participate in intra-team or inter-departmental problem solving teams as required.
- Actively participate in New Product Development /product and process development activities.
- Co-development with R&D or Manufacturing Sciences throughout process as required.
- Work with EH&S to assure guidelines are followed.
- Solid technical writing skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently as required.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing projects and priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems.
- Proven ability to lead and provide work direction required.
- Work in a team based environment to manufacture research and commercial products that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry.
- Implement production and large scale manufacturing procedures to optimize processes and meet quality requirements.
- Actively participate and contribute to New Product Development and Introduction, process improvement and team management.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Organic Chemistry (preferred) or equivalent disciplines. Minimum 2-3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry (Preferred)
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications