|Compensation:||$ 18.50 per hour|
We are looking for
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Tucson, AZ
Type: 6 months contract | Pay Rate: $ 18.50 per hourly rate
- This position typically reports to an Engineering Team Leader and has responsibilities for the maintenance and improvement of plant assets and facilities and maintenance support of projects.
- These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, continuous improvement, troubleshooting, repair and replacement of machines and components, maintenance documentation and systems administration and technical training for plant personnel.
- Motivation and capability to work in a team environment and individually to achieve desired business results is imperative. This position will also support projects involving equipment, utilities and/or facilities.
- Projects support may include, but not be limited to, preventive maintenance and spare parts set-up, maintenance documentation and systems updates and installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of equipment.
- The incumbent has additional responsibilities cross train as a Maintenance Planner and perform as needed in that role, and to provide technical support for plant equipment, facilities and maintenance related environmental, health and safety (EHS) requirements.
- Accountabilities / Expectations:
- Safety and Housekeeping: Contributes to an accident-free work place by modeling safe behavior and being “his/her brother’s/sister’s keeper” of team Members, ensuring projects are conducted safely and plant equipment and facilities are safe. Maintains high standards for housekeeping, supporting the 5S program.
- Attendance and reliability: Maintains good attendance record in accordance with plant guidelines. Travels to suppliers and other facilities as the need arises. Consistently meets commitments and delivers result.
- Teamwork: Works well with other team members. Supports team objectives and helps others understand the importance of teamwork. Contributes to a safe working environment in which all team members are respected. Respects and leverages diversity and builds trust with fellow team members and others throughout the organization. Reaches across boundaries, cross-functionally, to achieve successful results.
- Initiative: Takes action in all areas of accountability without being directed to do so. Shares experience with others when that sharing will move business or the team forward. Looks for and pursues innovative solutions that challenge the status quo when applicable.
- Job Performance: Understands customer needs (internal and external). Supports business results through application of technical skill and experience to meet customer needs. Applies sound maintenance and technical skills to provide superior maintenance support to the plant.
- Communication: Expresses ideas clearly, both written and spoken. Reads and understands written and spoken communication and completes required forms, documents and reports accurately and completely. Keeps customers and principle appraised of progress, as well as key issues and actions.
- Team Development: Actively seeks opportunities to build talent by transferring skills or knowledge he/she has to support the technical development of other technicians and plant personnel.
- Personal Development: Actively seeks development and training opportunities to build talent for self, both to address skill deficiencies and enhance strengths.
- Documentation: Maintains adequate documentation of equipment, processes and facilities and notes changes. This documentation shall be consistent with plant and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected and motivated to improve their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Overtime, shift work and/or weekend work may be required. While normally voluntary overtime is preferred, if business needs require, overtime may be scheduled and may not necessarily be required. 40 to 60 hours per week are generally required with approximately 50 hours per week often a typical work schedule. However, overtime is not guaranteed, and may not be needed when business needs to not require it.
- Call-ins for maintenance support needed during off hours and/or weekends will be required when needed. While these are kept as minimal as possible, call-ins do happen. This position may also involve a rotating on call schedule as required by business need.
- This position requires knowledge and ability typically associated with a two-year technical degree, computer literacy, ability to speak/read/write English (Spanish skills desirable, although not required),
- Ability to read technical drawings, technical specifications, and measuring instruments, general knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical principles to effect repairs and modifications to manufacturing equipment,
- Ability to apply engineering principles of machine/process improvement and project management,
- Ability to ensure safe equipment functionality and FDA as well as ISO regulatory requirements for maintenance of manufacturing equipment and facilities used for production of medical devices and pharmaceutical products.
- Mastery of both electrical and mechanical skills is desirable.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications