Immediate need for an Automation Technician
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: Fairport, NY
- Under the general supervision of the Manager – Automation Engineering, the primary responsibility of this position is to support manufacturing with respect to automated and semi-automated post-molding equipment. This includes a variety of automated material handling, assembly, decorating and packaging systems.
- Responsible for detailed communication with Supervisors & Maintenance about current state of automation related concerns.
- This also includes detailed communication with Automation Engineering on future department needs.
- Determines root cause of failures and problems with automation equipment.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a broad manufacturing base Troubleshoot & support: Various PLC formats with heavy emphasis on Allen-Bradley PLC/HMI hardware and software: SLC, PLC, ContolLogix, Panelview
- A wide variety of automation technologies, including: Robots, Printing (Pad/Screen/Offset/InkJet), Ultrasonic Welders, Vision Systems, Leak Testers, Labelers, Capping Equipment, reamers & other finishing equipment.
- Works with equipment vendors to solve automation problems & increase self-knowledge. Interacts with molding setups & process engineering to solve component related issues & their effect on the automation process.
- Support Automation Engineering with installation of improvements & new Automation. Coaches Automation Associates in work centers supporting root cause troubleshooting. Develop / modify procedures & training guidelines as needed for automation processes.
- Read & modify electrical schematics as needed for automation equipment.
- Designs, sketches & dimensions improvements to existing automation systems Tracks & helps maintain automation data (stops, scrap, etc…) to support continuous improvement process.
- Uses PPI tools and Lean techniques to analyze data and improve processes.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering or a technical discipline. Equivalent experience may be considered, but only with a demonstrated record of self-development and continuous learning.
- 5+ years related automated equipment experience.
- Must have a very broad electrical and mechanical background, including hands on experience with PLC’s, robots, motion controls and associated programming software.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.