ITS Platform Engineer IV
|Title:||ITS Platform Engineer IV|
This is a HANA S4 Platform Specialist. They will be doing "spot checks" of work and will be an "as needed" position.
- Hands-on experience migrating SAP solutions (BW / ERP) to HANA.
- Ability to tune S/4 HANA for performance optimization.
- Experience designing system landscapes on S/4 HANA. Including business continuity, disaster recovery, and system sizing.
- Experience working within ITS Projects and/or Programs.
- Must have direct hands-on experience with major and minor upgrades/installations.
- Accountable for managing the health, stability and sustainability of enterprise collaboration, communication and productivity platforms which includes implementing systems upgrades, deploying new capabilities and providing level 3/4 support.
- Consults in the implementation of processes to maintain and improve these platforms.
- Participates in small to large size projects to enhance collaboration and productivity capabilities. Establish and make visible metrics and measures to validate sustainability and success of supported platforms.
- Build and maintain effective client, peer and partner relationships in order to drive results and efficiencies.
- The incremental and logical integration and testing of components and/or subsystems and their interfaces in order to create operational services.
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces.
- Leads practical integration work under the technical direction of the system /service designer.
- May contribute to the overall design of the service.
- May define the technical criteria for product/component selection.
- Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches.
- The integration of software products into existing software environments to produce new platform-specific versions of the software products.
- Leads a team, providing expert technical knowledge in the systems testing of platform-specific versions of the software products, on varying platforms.
- Provides specialist guidance information to support, systems testing and quality assurance functions to assist in improving procedures. The resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritization and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents.
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s).
- Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Analyses patterns and trends. The processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to incident reports, including channeling requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring resolution activity, and keeping clients appraised of progress towards service restoration. Ensures that the inventory of components to be supported is complete and current.
- Drafts and maintains policy, standards and procedures for the service desk and incident management. Schedules the work of service desk staff to meet agreed service levels.