|Title:||Entry-Level Engineering Design|
Open-ended contract assignment
**Recent graduates in an Engineering field should apply!**
- Will utilize a software similar to AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional phone etiquette (remain professional, calm under pressure)
- Ability to assist customers, clients, and vendors with requests in a timely manner
Position will provide technical expertise to accurately evaluate options and design safe, cost effective, and reliable distribution facilities for residential, commercial, and industrial projects
- Learn company/client policies and procedures for the development of site designs for electrical distribution facilities to serve a variety of customers.
- Prepares site drawings and construction sketches for various installations of electrical facilities in a cost-effective manner that maximizes safety and service reliability.
- Prepares project or job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for the prepared distribution electrical designs.
- Properly apply company/client reliability principals for each project design ensuring a safe and cost effective design and installation
- Evaluate loading of various equipment components being installed such as transformation or fusing to ensure a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design.
- Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate company/client systems.
- Develops relationships with internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of job responsibilities.
- Completes outage follow-up and implements outage prevention measures on distribution facilities in assigned areas.
- Supports both company and client's business goals and expectation while representing themselves positively and professionally.
- Minimum of a two year degree in engineering technology or a related technical degree from an accredited school OR a minimum of 2 to 4 years of equivalent work experience in a related field with no degree.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers properly representing the client’s best interests
- Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Office based applications
- Work independently
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.