Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Type: 12 months contract
- Lead coordinating monthly and quarterly consolidation and reporting activities
- Help oversee operation of consolidation system
- Control, review, reference and analyze internal and external financial statements and reports of Halyard Health and provide technical accounting support.
- Other projects and work as assigned
- Reports to the Assistant Controller – Corporate Reporting and Controls and provide guidance, training, and coordination of the other analysts. The processing of financial data occurs for monthly, quarterly, and annual actual results, quarterly forecasts, and annual budgets. This is done according to a fixed schedule and meeting deadlines is critical. Strict internal controls must be followed to ensure accuracy and confidentiality.
- Complex accounting issues and consolidated accounting require the incumbent to have in-depth knowledge of current accounting and reporting theory and practices, including FASB and SEC releases and Corporate Financial Instructions, as well as accuracy, timeliness, and flexibility.
- The position requires a formal accounting education, minimum of five years of related accounting experience, and CPA certificate; experience in either Big 4 public accounting or public corporate reporting preferred;
- HFM and SAP experience is preferred.
- Incumbent must have strong critical thinking, problem solving and work organization and coordination skills so can quickly contribute to non-routine activities.
- Also have technical accounting capacity to understand discontinued operations, consolidations/consolidation systems, and what it means to support SEC reporting data.
- Also should be able to work with others, communicate effectively with personnel at all levels in the Corporation,
- Provide guidance and support as necessary to the other analysts:
- Lead coordinating monthly closing schedules with worldwide reporting locations to ensure complete, timely and accurate flow of financial data necessary for corporate and other reporting requirements.
- Lead reviewing and consolidating financial information, to ensure that consolidated financial statements are timely, accurate and in accordance with all laws, rules, guidelines, and generally accepted accounting principles. This includes prepare necessary consolidation adjustments which can be varied and more complex, reconcile inter-company balances on a timely basis and assist in the preparation of schedules for actual results.
- Lead operation of consolidation system including closing activities, configuration, testing and change control.
- Assist in recognizing accounting and control issues which are varied and generally complex and support implementing solutions or developing methods to solve issues.
- Perform project assignments and special reviews and analyses as required-may include but not be limited to the following:
- a. Support HFM testing/report validation-this includes understanding the test plans and being able to identify testing issues
- b. 10K footnote and other reporting preparation with Discops presentation
- c. Help work with PwC and units on gathering additional data requirements for year-end reporting
- d. Support to the internal controls area
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls by the effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies and instructions as directed by the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer, and by the establishment, maintenance, and audit of effective and reliable control procedures consistent with those policies and instructions.
- Support the Corporation's program for strong central financial control
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications