|Location:||Santa Clara, CA|
12 Month Contract - may extend
You are a fantastic problem solver, thinker, out-of-the-box player and amazing with customers! You're enthralled by the way things work, and have the ability to identify, manage, confirm and order inventory. You can multitask across systems and applications, analyze and resolve a variety of complex technical issues, and comfortably navigate an environment of Windows, Mac and Mobile Devices. You make friends easily, and those friends call you first when they need to find something.
You're not only here to help fix technical issues, but also provide an incredible customer experience. You understand that above and beyond the customer's technical or equipment procurement issue, is the opportunity to repair a relationship between the customer and their technology.
About the Position
As a Helpdesk Specialist you'll work to provide the best customer experience and support to our community of over 5,000 international customers (employees). You'll have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from internal peers and departments. You'll support the operation and supply chain of all domestic and international inventory (computers, accessories, supplies, tools, etc).
You'll work with and lead an elite group of technicians and administrators all focused on supporting our customers through meeting their technological needs. This position is internal, our customers are internal employees, contractors and vendors. This is not an external customer-facing position.
- Help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through ownership, resolution and appropriate escalation of issues and trouble tickets
- Maintain proactive and timely communication with customers via multiple mediums (voice, tickets, walk-ups)
- Manage small to medium projects and provide technical leadership to junior help desk administrators
- Act as strong technical resource and senior escalation point for numerous technologies, including Mac, Linux, and mobile device issues
- Develop tools and SOPs to improve team's efficiency and productivity
- Oversee daily performance and operation of computers, printers, and telephones
- Setup office and cubicle workstation with monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware peripherals
- Image and deploy Windows, Mac, and Linux OS to end-users
- Setup, maintain, and troubleshoot video conference equipment
- Maintain tight hardware and software inventory controls
- Manage relationship with vendors for service repairs, orders, and maintenance
- Create/terminate user and system accounts and deploy/retrieve equipment
- Provides instructional training to new hires on system use and company policies
The area that needs greater emphasis is around Linux and Mac support, and less towards Windows. We also want to stress that this is an end-user facing position - the primary function will be to handle walk-up issues and less server and network administration. Think Geek Squad or Apple Genius bar-type setup; this is the environment that this individual will be working in.
1) Candidate should live in or near the south bay close to our office located in Santa Clara.
2) They may be required to travel to our San Francisco office upon request.
3) This is a very end-user facing support role- they will be seated at our "Genius Bar" and assisting walk-up's with various support issues.
4) Strong with Mac OSX and Windows. Comfortable with Linux.
5) Strong in supporting mobile devices (phones & tablets - iOS & Android). Prefer that they are currently performing these roles & responsibilities. If they are doing network engineering, NOC, or server system administration type work, they will not be considered. Again, this is an end-user facing position and customer support is key.
3+ years experience administering Linux client operating systems and packages.
3+ years experience administering Mac OS X operating systems, hardware and packages.
5+ years experience administering and troubleshooting Windows-based client systems.
5+ years experience in a customer-driven, results-focused Help Desk environment.
5+ years troubleshooting, upgrading, and repairing desktops, laptops, and associated hardware.
- Experience with system imaging, hardware repair, and support Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, DNS/DHCP, and scripting (e.g. VBS, batch).
- Professional certifications: MCITP (Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7), and A+.
- Experience support video teleconferencing systems.