|Compensation:||$ 37.00 per hour|
Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Woodstock, IL
Type: contract role, 3 months contract (to cover for maternity leave)
Pay Rate: $ 37.00 an hour rate
Contract role only – to cover for maternity leave
- Prepares monthly financial forecast and management presentation material for the R&D organization.
- Review customer contracts to determine appropriate Revenue Recognition treatment of projects.
- Provides financial support to project management in tracking & projecting cost for projects.
- Update & maintain internal project charge-out model to ensure proper pricing & costing of projects.
- Oversee R&D departmental cost budget.
- Prepare Annual Budget for R&D function.
- Prepares capital authorization requests (C.A.R.’s) and detailed justification analysis for operational projects.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with Capital Authorization Policy & US GAAP.
- Conducts Fixed Asset physical inventory per policy.
- Forecasts depreciation expense.
- Ensures construction in progress account (CIP) is correct and tests assets for impairment.
- Prepare monthly journal entries including processing of interfaces.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Monitor and follow up on open items in accounts payable log.
- Research and resolve incomplete AP transactions.
- Research “Received Not Vouchered” transactions to determine validity.
- Maintain and monitor AP aging report and credits from vendors.
- Process invoicing to customers both commercial and NPD.
- Review accounts receivable aging & prepare management reporting.
- AR filing.
- Create and generate various AP and AR financial reports using queries and advanced spreadsheet formulas.
- Assist with SOX404 testing and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum B.S / B.A in finance or accounting; MBA a plus
- 3-7 years related experience in a manufacturing or R&D operation
- Ability to work effectively with multiple levels across a highly cross-functional team including operations, project management and business development.
- Consistently and accurately meet requirements.
- Strong communications, interpersonal skills, and business acumen. Proactively identify issues and develop solutions that span several functions and management levels. Guide and influence decision making.
- Good organizational skills and accuracy with high level attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical, accounting, finance, and analytical skills.
- JDE, Hyperion, and Business Objects experience a plus.
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP and Revenue Recognition rules.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak clear English.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks simultaneously without loss of accuracy
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications