|Compensation:||$ 18.00 hourly rate|
Location: Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Type: 10 - 12 month contract | Pay Rate: $ 18.00 hourly rate
Note from manager: looking for candidate with experience in Architecture or Constructions drafting using Autocad or Revit
Designers are responsible for providing site specific equipment room layouts for customer facilities. They may work independently or with field based Project Managers.
They make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, material/component selection, and type of construction.
Designers work from specifications as to product requirements and provide design solutions that meet standards for reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and customer requirements.
- Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions
- Work with field based Project Manager to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing equipment installations
- Use computer assisted design/drafting software to develop designs
- Establish design standards, procedures and techniques to produce high quality drawing packages
- Produce site layouts to the quality standards identify by the management team for package creation
- Verify that all drawings convey accurate information
- Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to service.
- Work directly with different business functions and team members to meet serviceability, functional and time requirements
- Perform self-check of drawing packages to established standards
- Comply with EHS regulations and policies
- Associate’s Degree in CAD Drafting or Architectural Drafting/Construction Technology, a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility
- Demonstrated ability to design conceptual models by using computer assisted design/drafting software, as well as being able to perform design analysis
- Ability to receive and transmit drawings electronically
- Demonstrated computer skill in both Microsoft Office products and with Computer Assisted Design software
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and defining customer requirements
- Excellent problem solving abilities using analytical skills
- Takes initiative to contribute in design review meetings
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information.
- Ability to communicate using local language
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Ability to meet reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
- If needed, interact with vendors and customers on equipment installation issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Studies or equivalent
- 1 or more years of relevant design experience
- Design experience with medical products, global teams, and working in a medically regulated industry
- Knowledge of BIM (Building Information Modeling) software
- 2 or more years work experience using BIM software
- Ability to learn new graphic software programs
- Ability to develop unique concepts and solutions for complex products
- Excellent team player that easily adjusts to changing requests and schedules
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance/prioritize issues