|Title:||Associate Research Scientist|
|Location:||Seattle WA 98021|
Alternate Title: Scientist, Analytical Development/Technical Operations
We are seeking a Scientist to join the Molecular Analytics subgroup of the Analytical Development/Technical Operations function. The primary role of this Scientist will be to develop, optimize, and qualify molecular assays to release or characterize immunotherapy drug product.
This Scientist will report to a Senior Scientist within the Molecular Analytics subgroup of Analytical Development. The successful candidate will have experience with a variety of molecular techniques, including nucleic acid isolation, qPCR, and next generation technologies (NGS, Nanostring, ddPCR etc). The successful candidate will work in a collaborative environment and spend the majority of their time in the lab.
• With the team, develop, optimize, and qualify methods in preparation for execution in a Quality setting to assess safety and quality of cell-based therapeutics
• Streamline workflows related to method development, qualification, training, transfer, and comparability.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for molecular methods, provide regulatory support, and support technology assessment and licensing activities.
• BS in a scientific or engineering discipline with 12+ years (10+ with MS) of relevant industrial quality/analytical development experience
• Proven experience in molecular methods including endpoint PCR, ***qPCR*** (must-have), RT-qPCR, DNA and RNA isolation, DNA cloning, sequence analysis, and primer and probe design.
• Experience in a Quality Control setting, or experience having a Quality Control organization as your customer
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment, meet deadlines, prioritize work across multiple projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience with authoring controlled documents such as test methods, SOPs, and technical reports
• Experience with cell culture and viral transduction
• Strong record keeping and electronic notebook maintenance skills
• Excellent problem solving skills