In this position you will:
- Works insurance accounts receivable to optimize cash flow and to meet organizational financial goals and objectives.
- Responsible for updating patient demographics and insurance information.
- Responsible for working payer correspondence, edits and aged account receivable and identifying and correcting billing errors.
- Responsible for resolving and/or appealing denials and rejections.
- Responsible for identifying billing issues and trends and reporting them to management.
- Meets productivity and accuracy standards as established by management.
- Extensive knowledge of insurances—PPO, EPO, HMO, Indemnity, Medicare, Medi-Cal, Workers’ Compensation.
- Three to five year’s medical group practice or hospital billing experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills along with good math skills, ability to read, understand and follow verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems, 10-key by touch, Type 30-35 wpm.
- possess computer skills (Mainframe, Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to navigate Health Plan Websites to verify eligibility, benefits and claim status.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in usage of all IDX modules pertaining to the revenue cycle registration, billing and collection procedures and Allscripts.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma.
- Must demonstrate a well rounded knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding, CPC.