Manufacturing Technician I
|Title:||Manufacturing Technician I|
Immediate need for a Manufacturing Technician I
Duration: 6 Months +
Location: Pleasanton, CA
- Build, test, and troubleshoot subassemblies and/or instrument systems by using layouts, schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
- Identify, resolve, record and report failures/defects during manufacturing,
- Assist engineers in developing and implementing BOMs and assembly/test procedures.
- Disposition defective products. Perform rework and quality testing.
- Perform root cause analysis on subassembly and instrument level failures.
- Create and maintain neat, legible, complete notebook records and data sheets of all tests.
- Assist in the building, testing and maintenance of new and existing test stations.
- Develop and maintain organized, efficient and safe lab and production areas.
- Must have strong attention to detail and able to work well under pressure in order to meet production deadlines.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with minimal routine supervision.
- Must have previous experience soldering and crimping electrical components/assemblies.
- Must have good manual dexterity and be able to assemble small components and perform delicate optical alignment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow schematics, assembly drawings, diagrams, and procedures.
- Must be well organized, dependable and self-motivated.
- 5+ years of experience in ISO9001 manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use common electrical test equipment such as Digital Multi-Meters and Oscilloscopes.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be committed to work in a 6S environment.
- Must have clear understanding and able to use Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices.
- Experience working with optical components or products a plus.
- AS degree in technical field required.
- BS degree in engineering preferred..
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications