Open-ended contract assignment
Position will be in the field - must have valid driver's license!
- Well organized in actions and written communication
- Familiar with common computer software including MS Office Suite and CAD drafting systems
- Experience in design or line construction in a utility environment, GIS systems, and basic data structures
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the collection of facilities field data as specified for use by others in updating facilities records or preparing design documents.
- This position encompasses data collection, measurement, mapping, field photography, equipment or unit inventory, staking, and similar field-based reconnaissance at the direction of senior technical or engineering employees.
- This position will often work with more senior employees in the field acting as a design or staking assistant.
- Accurately and neatly gather field data using paper drawings, forms, electronic data collection devices, digital cameras, or other formats and/or devices specified by the project manager and/or client.
- Correctly identify items to be documented in the field with minimal supervisory assistance.
- Quickly learn and apply technology tools such as hand-held data collection units, laser range finders, digital cameras, and GPS receivers.
- Accurately record measurements and dimensions of requested items; be able to recognize levels of detail required to create a complete and accurate accounting of the field inventory and environment per the project specifications.
- Incumbent may be required to assist in power restoration efforts in natural disaster events (eg: driver, wire sitter, runner)
- Accurately records data and measurements using correct standards and symbology such that the resulting product is clear and easily understood by office based project personnel.
- Meets production targets and understands the importance of project deliverables and milestones
- Overnight travel may be required at times
Must be able to work in an outside environment and work independently as well as in a team!