|Title:||Senior Financial Analyst|
|Location:||Thousand Oaks, CA|
This role coordinates the development, tracking, and monitoring of the annual sales to revenue plan and forecasts. This role provides a recurring set of reporting deliverables that requires a deep understanding of accounting to perform and does ad hoc modeling that requires strong data compilation and analytical skills. This role will ensure internal reporting accurately reflects revenue recognition requirements associated with -current and contemplated new business models.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Track, develop, and monitor the annual sales to revenue plan and forecasts based ongoing sales to earned revenue projections, including sales pipeline and deferred revenue projections.
- Prepare, analyze, and communicate the results of various recurring reports including product P&Ls, gross profit reporting, and new business line P&Ls.
- Perform substantive variance analyses that provide insights to facilitate decisions around new business opportunities and refinement of current business models.
- Prepare presentation materials and analyses to articulate the methodology, analytical process, and output with sensitivity analyses from planning cycles.
- Continuously evaluate existing revenue accounting processes to identify improvement opportunities, ensure scalability, and mitigate risks.
- Garner sufficient product and process knowledge to support overflow ad hoc work from the revenue analysts and to deliver supplemental analyses requested by the department Director.
- Deliver upon any ad-hoc projects, including, but not limited to, deliverables for Executive level forums, roadmap projects, and departmental projects.
- Source and reconcile data from multiple systems to create meaningful analyses and timely deliverables on an ad-hoc basis, often with relatively tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with others to improve data management processes and tools.
- Pursue timely and effective change management practices for system and manual process improvements.
- Maintain clear and very detailed procedures so they may be replicated.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance required. MBA highly preferred.
- CPA or CMA required.
- Public or private company audit experience a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years related work experience with 3 or more years within a Finance department
- Excellent computer skills and software proficiency, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Advanced Excel skills. Proficient in creating pivots and utilizing Excel “vlookup”, “hlookup”, “sumif”, and “sumproduct” functions.
- Hands on experience with COGNOS a plus.