|Title:||IoT Cloud Developer|
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
IoT cloud application developer focused on back-end system architecture, design, and development for IoT solutions. Must have expertise in Java Script, HTML, CSS and API. Should have Development experience on Google Cloud or Amazon web services (AWS). Node.JS experience is also expected.
• Primarily focused on back-end system architecture, design, and development for IoT solutions in AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
• Work closely with architects and technical product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented software components.
• Design architecture of microservices and web applications.
• Collaborate with solution architects and other software engineers to design and launch new features.
• Implement software components of highly available, scalable, and robust cloud services.
• Build and maintain reusable code and libraries.
• Take ownership of the implementation of individual software components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound software engineering practices.
• Maintain cloud component organization, code integrity, quality, and ensure responsiveness of applications.
• Optimize applications for maximum scalability and speed.
• Develop and implement data security best practices, procedures, and strategies.
• Participate in software design reviews, conduct peer code reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team.
• Develop multiple solution related artifacts (e.g. solution delivery blueprints, application diagrams process diagrams, system maps, service interfaces, technical interfaces).
• Actively participate in Sprint planning and execution.
• Demonstrate creativity and innovation in identifying new opportunities and applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
• Influence the direction on the available standards, methods, tools and applications and makes appropriate choices from alternatives.
• Contributes to API strategy definition and approach.
• Contributes to data integration and analytics approach as it relates to IoT generated data.
Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
• Experience with object oriented design and building back-end applications with REST API services
• Experience developing solutions utilizing Node.js
• Experience developing solutions utilizing Python
• Experience designing and developing micro-services architectures
• Experience with performance optimization techniques
• Strong experience in Cloud Computing with one or more Platform-as-a-Service, (PaaS), offerings with IoT capabilities (AWS IoT preferred or Google Cloud IoT)
• Expertise in cloud-based IoT technologies (MQTT, Notification engines, etc.)
• Experience in cloud-based NoSQL stores (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc.) and RDBMS.
• 3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices
• Experience in rapid prototype development