|Title:||Material Specialist - Warehouse|
|Compensation:||$ 15.00 - 16.00 per hour|
Title: Materials Specialist
Location: Madison, WI
Type: 6 month contract, $ 15.00 - 16.00 per hour
The Materials Management department is responsible for warehouse management, inventory control, work order management, incoming receipts and domestic and international shipments of all items for Madison. This department follows approved materials SOPs for the Madison site. Responsible for internal and external customer service and vendor relations related with ordering shipping supplies and scheduling deliveries and/or shipments.
- The position will perform daily work assignments accurately, in a timely and safe manner.
- The position will have sound technical aptitude and perform multiple projects at a time.
- This position is capable of working with moderate supervision.
- Follows SOPs for incoming receipt, quarantine/release processes, supplies ordering, work order management, inventory control (including management of expired items), inventory management system transactions, warehouse management, cycle counting and shipments as appropriate.
- Ensures accuracy of labelling and proper storage of incoming receipts, including receipt in the inventory management system.
- Provides timely receipt documentation to Finance.
- Initiates all Quality Assurance (QA) release documentation for critical materials and as needed, will support QA in the release of materials.
- As required, manages and prepares all domestic and international ambient and temp controlled shipments for delivery, upon completion of DOT and IATA training.
- Management of all work orders which includes printing, timely picking and staging of all materials, issuing materials to and closing work orders upon completion.
- Picks and stages all materials for the site on a FEFO basis for use in production and labs.
- Monitors expensed supplies and inventory and places orders to assure adequate supplies are maintained.
- Coordinates and is the primary contact person(s) with outside vendors to establish pickup and delivery schedules and/or any resolution of issues.
- Conducts regular inventory cycle counts and is a key team member in the yearly physical inventory.
- Recognizes deviations from standard procedure.
- Develops and/or supports the development of departmental S SOPs.
- Maintains effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required
- 1-2+ years of experience working in a warehouse environment
- Prior cGMP experience preferred
- Prior computerized inventory management system/MRP experience preferred
- Prior DOT and IATA training preferred
- Prior Microsoft Excel and Work experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow/retain detailed written and verbal instruction in an accurate, timely, safe, and professional manner with supervisor, group members, and other departments as necessary, in a professional and accurate manner.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations, and services.
- Ability to understand, read and write clear English.
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame and independently seek out additional work when tasks are completed ahead of time.
- Ability to cooperate with co-workers within an organized team environment or work alone.
- Detail-oriented with ability to work effectively under high pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.