Scientist I (Molecular Biology)
|Title:||Scientist I (Molecular Biology)|
|Location:||South San Francisco, CA|
Immediate need for a Scientist I (Molecular Biology)
Duration: 6 Months +
Location: South San Francisco, CA
- The Molecular Biologist will be heavily involved in the execution of Verification & Validation (V&V) strategies designed by senior group members.
- They will primarily be based in the laboratory and as such, will have strong experience in Molecular Biological techniques and be comfortable in this environment.
- Experience with capillary electrophoresis is preferred with in-depth knowledge of the field being highly advantageous.
- Work to be performed will include setting up PCR and sequencing reactions, setting up capillary electrophoresis runs, and subsequent data analysis.
- The successful candidate will work effectively as part of a dynamic team and will possess strong organizational skills.
- Bachelors in biochemistry, molecular biology or a related area (Master degree an advantage)
- 1 year industrial experience
- Preference given to candidates with experience in operation and maintenance of Applied Biosystems capillary electrophoresis instruments and applications
- Impeccable attention to detail and troubleshooting skills are paramount.
- The ability to keep accurate records is pivotal.