Global Product Categorization Specialist
|Title:||Global Product Categorization Specialist|
Immediate need for a Global Product Categorization Specialist
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- The Global Product Categorization team is dedicated to tasks related to assigning the leaf node categorization of all products currently housed in the data warehouse and all new products loaded from various business units.
- Responsibilities include performing daily assignments, as well as maintaining and cleansing existing data as a business support.
- A successful candidate will have strong product knowledge, excellent computer and interpersonal skills, and display great attention to detail.
- Research, mass analyze, and manage the leaf node categorization for global part data.
- This includes data from various regions - North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Specifically, identifying parts that need to be categorized, researching the part to determine the correct product category, and loading and maintaining the results in the system.
- Update part classifications to account for changes to the product leaf node categorization table as needed.
- Support various projects associated with the global product data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a lab (internships included).
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or related scientific field.
- Broad knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and consumables.
- Familiarity with major laboratory supply brands, both internal and external to the company.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (proficiency with Excel) and an ability to quickly grasp new software tools.
- Experience with Access and Cognos. Ability to work under tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility with priorities.
- Must be detailed-oriented, analytical, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills. Willingness to learn and seek process improvement.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.