Immediate need for a Manufacturing Technician
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Frederick, MD
- To support the Fill/Finish Department by Filling, capping, labeling, and assembling both sub-assemblies and finished good products.
- Fill, cap, and label vials, bottles, and tubes working both individually or as part of a team in accordance with established standard operating procedures to ensure customers receive a product that meets or exceeds quality specifications.
- Effectively communicate and interface with work groups to ensure the completion of daily production.
- Work in both standard and clean room environments while adhering to room specific PPE requirements.
- Safely operate both manual and automated filling equipment, as required.
- Satisfactorily complete the company’s training requirements on time and operate within all ISO and FDA standards pertaining to Frederick Site Manufacturing.
Nature and Scope:
- This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel.
- That interaction requires good communication skills and customer service skills.
- Effectiveness in this role also requires some knowledge of biology, chemistry and basic manufacturing principals as well as the ability to understand and interpret team metrics.
- The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position as errors in work could cause customers to receive a non-conforming product.
- This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance performance.
- Training will be provided through one on one instruction following process specific on-the-job-training (OJT's) until the operator is proficient to work individually.
- The incumbent normally receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
- Associate or bachelor degree
- Minimum of 0-2 years related experience
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Basic computer skills such as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support the operation in its daily functions.
- Experience in a manufacturing life science company
- Biology or chemistry background