|Title:||Product Safety Specialist I|
There are two open positions. This is a 1 year contract position (not expected to go over, but gives a great "foot in the door"). This is a first shift position M-F 8Am-4PM (some flexibility). Anyone with previous SAP experience would be helpful. This position day to day will be working with internal clients and suppliers IN ASIA and our employees to determine raw materials and components in products.
*** ANY FLUENCY IN ANY ASIAN LANGUAGE (Especially Chinese) IS HIGHLY PREFERED - but not a deal breaker. At a minimum but be able to communicate effectively with people from other cultures and have some cultural sensitivity. Must have good acumen with computer systems. This is an entry level position. Candidates do not need to have experience in this field, but a degree in biology, chemistry, toxicology, would be highly preferred.
We have an open position for a Product Safety Specialist in our Product Safety Department. This position will be based in Neenah, WI. The incumbent is responsible for the acquisition, data entry and reporting of raw material and finished product chemical safety information, supplier technical data, and other product safety, stewardship and regulatory chemical compliance information.
Additional key responsibilities include supporting safety and regulatory compliance assessments of ingredients, raw materials, and finished products through collaboration with staff toxicologists, regulatory specialists, and business team members.
- Participate in the transition of legacy product safety and regulatory compliance records into a new SAP-based database. Provide data entry services to create and maintain product safety, regulatory, toxicology and chemical compliance databases on substances, raw materials and products within the client's portfolio. Create output reports as required, including safety and regulatory assessment reports, SDS, core dossier, etc. for our products, materials and ingredients.
- Engage suppliers in order to obtain material disclosures, required information and/or additional test data for safety evaluation, regulatory registration or notification programs such as European or Korean REACH, EU RoHS, US TSCA, China New Chemical Substances regulation, etc.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams in different global locations. Identify, and escalate as appropriate, potential problems or issues, technical or chemical compliance issues or material changes that may impact products or business sectors globally.
- Effectively work within our systems and processes, support and strengthen strategic internal customer and external material supplier relationships, and prioritize work - all while making cost effective decisions. The incumbent is responsible for managing key contact relationships with strategic material suppliers
- The incumbent is expected to apply specialized scientific knowledge, be self-motivated, and be able to work independently on assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, toxicology, pharmacology, engineering or a related scientific or technical field of study with 0-2+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work proficiently in databases, including SAP environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain good customer rapport while driving solutions to meet business needs, identify and escalate as appropriate potential problems or issues.
- Strong organization skills and ability to organize large sets of chemical safety and regulatory data, research/product safety testing report information and the entering of these data into electronic databases.
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills with demonstrated proficiency in working effectively with technical staff from diverse backgrounds and cultures and/or with multi-national cross-functional business teams.
- Fluency in Chinese.
- Knowledge of chemical safety regulations globally and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) standards.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and independently manage multiple tasks in a cross-functional corporate setting and the ability to effectively communicate in written or oral presentation formats